“it’s going to be a good year” I’ve repeated many times in the short 2 days of 2008.
I came into the new year rocking out to Guitar Hero III, how can anything top that! Sad to say I woke up with sore calves from my need to have stage presence while rocking out in a mad battle with a tunnel vision to the TV. I was consumed with my rock star like abilities.
Yep, I was ready to close the books on 2007 and was eager to ring in the new year. On New Year’s eve Brent and I found our spontaneous side and decided to drive 4 hours to surprise his friends already gathering to ring in the new year. It was splendid. So the question looms: “what is your new year’s resolution?”
I’ve been hesitant to answer, or confident in my statement. “I’m not making one. My dreams can’t be accomplished in 1 year, it will be a life resolution.” but I must say I’m feeling like an under achiever by not having a stepping off point. So, I’m putting together a list of things that I’d like to try to accomplish by the end of 2008.
1. Get married…well on my way to getting that accomplished.
2. Get a house…read post below. That WILL happen, cause we have rules!
3. Maybe I’ll run or exercise every single day. Because I somehow forgot how to do that, but that seems lame, cause everyone says they will exercise more as a New Year’s Resolution and I like to be original and different.
4. Make a career change….already in the works, but I just haven’t decided where I’ll end up but whatever, I’ll let life decide that. I’m sick of thinking about it!
5. Get a dog, complete with a house and yard.
6. Make a home-cooked meal at least once a week for the entire year. Brent would love me.
7. Pick up my clothes off the bed/floor/(any place I decide to put them other than in the dresser or on a hanger) at least once a week.
8. Take out several weekends this year and set them aside exclusively for scrapbooking. Thanks to mom, I have one already scheduled in April!
9. Start a savings/investment program for retirement. Good in theory until I’m overdrawn!
10. Take time to write the book, that I’ve been working on for the last four years. Perhaps have a first draft done by 2010. I need deadlines!
So, these are my options. It’s going to be a good year. Some of these are given, which is why they need to be on the list. I need to have the satisfaction of crossing a few things off my list at year’s end.